Friday, September 24, 2010
RECIPE SERVES 2
1 cup Rice (Masoori Rice works best for Khichdi, but if you do not prepare it so frequently then its best to use whichever rice is handy)
1 cup Split Green Moong Dal (with skin)
8 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon haldi
2 tablespoons ghee/butter
You can also add 1 clove & a small cinnamon stick (taj) for better flavor & aroma.
1. Pick rice & split moong dal for stones. Mix rice & split green moong dal (with skin) in a big bowl.
Wash under running water 3-4 times. Drain out all the excess water.
2. Then add 8 cups water, let it soak for 45 minutes.
3. After 45 minutes, heat 2 tablespoons ghee/butter in a pressure cooker pan on 7/10 flame setting. You can also add 1 clove & a small cinnamon stick (taj) for better flavor & aroma.
Add the khichdi with all the water that it is soaked in the pressure cooker pan.
Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon haldi & mix well.
4. Close pressure cooker lid, cook to 4 whistles.
5. Open lid after cooker cools down completely.
Serve hot with plain yogurt / buttermilk / Gujarati Kadhi / hot Tomato Soup / any sabzi that has gravy in it which will blend well in the khichdi.
Also serve Onion Tomato Kachumber & Papad.
Prepare & enjoy !!!
Posted by falguni at 4:24 PM