Thursday, March 18, 2010
Poori goes well with any sabzi, all time kids favorite recipe ...
3 cups Whole Wheat flour
2 tablespoons Rava (ensures that pooris stay puffed longer after frying)
3 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup oil
1 cup + 2-3 more spoons water
1. In a big bowl, add all the dry ingredients - flour, rava, salt + oil & mix them well
2. Add water & knead for 3-5 mins to make a firm poori dough
3. Apply little oil on it, keep it covered for 30 mins - 1 hour
4. Heat oil on little more than medium heat
5. Everybody makes pooris of different sizes, so make equal portions of the dough, roll into pooris, fry immediately.
Please make sure that you cover the unrolled portions in a bowl, they should not turn dry before rolling or else it will be difficult to roll & the final pooris won't be that good.
Quick, easy & delicious, goes well with any meal :-)
Prepare & enjoy !!!
Posted by falguni at 1:15 PM