Thursday, March 18, 2010
Masala Poori (Soft Tikhi Poori) goes well with any sabzi, all time kids favorite recipe ...
3 cups Whole Wheat flour
2 tablespoons Rava (ensures that pooris stay puffed longer after frying)
3 teaspoons salt
2-3 teaspoons red chilli powder (depending on how spicy you want)
1/4 cup oil
1 cup + 2-3 more spoons water
VARIATION : METHI POORI : you can also add about 1/2 cup cleaned, cut & washed fenugreek/fresh methi leaves or 1/4 cup dry kasoori methi leaves soaked in water for 1/2 half before adding to dough. Add abt a tablespoon of sugar if u add methi to the dough. Wash methi (fresh or dry) 4-5 times with running water to remove all sand particles.
1. In a big bowl, add all the dry ingredients - flour, rava, salt, red chilli powder, haldi + oil & mix them well
2. Add water & knead for 3-5 mins to make a firm poori dough
3. Apply little oil on it, keep it covered for 30 mins - 1 hour
4. Heat oil on little more than medium heat
5. Everybody makes pooris of different sizes, so make equal portions of the dough, roll into pooris, fry immediately.
Please make sure that you cover the unrolled portions in a bowl, they should not turn dry before rolling or else it will be difficult to roll & the final pooris won't be that good.
Quick, easy & delicious, goes well with any meal :-)
Prepare & enjoy !!!
Posted by falguni at 1:13 PM