Sunday, March 21, 2010
The 'Made for each other' combination ... a crisp Dosa & its sabzi, talk about South Indian food & Masala Dosa is almost a universal favorite ...
Simple to cook, wholesome, delicious, so let's get started ...
RECIPE SERVES 2-3
2 onions ( cut in long vertical thick slices )
2 potatoes ( boiled to 4 whistles, cool & mash with potato masher )
SPICES 1 teaspoon Chana dal, 1 teaspoon Urad dal (white, split), jeera, pinch of hing, 2 tablespoons green chilli pieces ( or paste), 8-10 curry leaves, 1 tablespoon kaaju/cashews (optional), salt to taste, pinch of turmeric, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 cup fresh cut Cilantro (dhania) for garnishing
1. In a non stick pan, on medium flame, keep 3 tablespoons oil for tempering. Once its heated, add 1 teaspoon Chana dal, 1 teaspoon Urad dal (white, split) - the dals turn pink, crisp
Add jeera/cumin seeds, pinch of hing/asafetida, 2 tablespoons green chilli pieces ( or paste) (you can add less to make it less spicy), 8-10 curry leaves, 1 tablespoon kaaju/cashews (optional)
2. Add onions & salt enough for onions to cook. Cook onions till they are partially cooked, slightly crispy.
3. Add mashed potatoes, salt to taste, pinch of turmeric, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, mix well, check taste & adjust spices.
4. Let it cook on low flame for another 5-7 mins till all spices blend well with sabzi.
5. Switch off gas, garnish with fresh cut cilantro (dhania)
6. Serve hot with Plain Dosa.
Prepare & enjoy !!!
Posted by falguni at 10:45 PM